Monday, October 27, 2008

The Birth of Lucius!

Doesn't she look good? I think she should do this full time. Tonight, for the first time, Maren and I experienced first-hand the beauty of creation. He didn't look like much when we brought him home for the first time, but after mashing and scraping and stabbing, we are proud to present the very first of our offspring: Lucius (Aramaic for "blessed above all squash of the field).

We got a little bit angry sometimes. Maren did most of the work, though. I just tried to intimidate the pumpkin so it wouldn't give Maren any trouble.Here's our very scary sentinel who watches unceasingly throughout the night!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Someone ought to do a study on pumpkin carving. The hypothesis is the female always does the slimey scooping of innards and the male always wields the knife. I think there are far reaching ramifications and applications to the finding of a study on this!

Mom said...

So...am I a grandma?

Dave said...

I helped some with the cleaning. And besides, Maren was the brains behind this operation. She used ME for all the skilled carving labor. And yes, you are most certainly an official grandma. Surprise!